Greetings! I hope you are doing well and are ready to get started on our 2022-2023 choir season. Tim and I are excited to see you all back and are so anxious to reconnect after the summer break. We have had some wonderful musicians participate in our services over the summer months and are so grateful to all of them. However, it will be nice to have the leadership of the choir again.
We are planning to begin rehearsals on Wednesday, August 31st. We will sing our first full service on Sunday, September 11th (Rally Day). However, we will not sing an anthem that day. Instead, Tim and I will be leading a group of our children, many of whom attended Vacation Bible School, in singing a song that Tim wrote for them.
We have also already planned the service for our Advent Lessons & Carols. That service will be held at 5:30 pm on Sunday, December 11th. We have chosen the music for that event already and it is actually in your folders! We will also have the first 3-4 anthems of our regular season chosen by the first rehearsal on August 31st. We hope to dive into all of this music, including the Advent Lessons/Carols music, at our first rehearsals.
We can always use new members in our group. If you know of anyone who is interested, please forward this e-mail to them and let me or Tim know as well so that we can reach out. As you know, we are not an auditioned group. Having some music reading literacy is helpful, but not required, as we do some rote teaching when learning our parts.
A couple of “housekeeping” items:
1. There is a roster at the back of the choir room with each of your names listed next to a number which corresponds to your choir box.
2. Be sure to turn in your choir anthems at the conclusion of each Sunday’s service. There is a tray atop the bookcase at the back of the choir room where you may return your anthems. Any copies marked “St James Music Press” or “SJMP” may be recycled.
3. Take your choir robes home after the first rehearsal and launder them. If you do not have a choir robe, be sure to speak to me after the first rehearsal on August 31st.
4. If you know you will be gone for a rehearsal or Sunday service, please let us know via text and/or e-mail (see bottom of this e-mail for contact info). Also, write your name on the calendar at the back of the room on days you know you will be gone.
5. Please check your e-mail and Facebook (if you use it) regularly for choir updates. We do have an All Saints Choir Facebook group. I have added everyone that I know uses Facebook to this group. Let me know if you are NOT and need me to add you.
Wed. Aug. 31 – 7:15 pm FIRST REHEARSAL (All Saints Choir Room, Sutherland Hall)
Wed. Sept. 7 – 7:15 pm Rehearsal
Sun. Sept. 11 – 9:45 am Rehearsal followed by 10:30 am service (no anthem)
Wed. Sept. 14 – 7:15 pm Rehearsal
Sun. Sept. 18 – 9:45 am Rehearsal followed by 10:30 am service with anthem
Wed. Sept. 21 – 7:15 pm Rehearsal
Sun. Sept. 25 – 9:45 am Rehearsal followed by 10:30 am service with anthem
Wed. Sept. 28 – 7:15 pm Rehearsal
Throughout the season (September-May), All Saints Choir meets weekly on Wednesdays at 7:15 pm in the Choir Room and Sundays at 9:45 am to rehearse. We help lead worship each Sunday at 10:30 am.
Sun. Dec. 11 – 5:30 pm Advent Lessons & Carols
See you soon!